Monday, August 11, 2008

On-A-Stick


I wanted to show my new projects for today. They are probably elementary for some, but a "project" for me. Honey Bunny will most likely end up doing the labor part. Right, Sweetie? I have always wanted one of these birdhouses ever since I visited my Uncle-in-law's beach cottage in Salisbury Beach, Mass. Every single cottage had a birdhouse-on-a-stick on the sand. Well, I thought it would look adorable in my west coast cottage dwelling. So off to Michaels I went on Saturday and spent the big $6.00. The best part was a lady ahead of me had a coupon for 25 % off and did not use it. She asked if I wanted it. Like anyone would say 'No'. It helped because you know that it's impossible to buy just one thing in THAT store. It always makes you feel less "guilty" when you use a coupon, doesn't it? The other project is turning a $1.99 teacup and saucer into a bird feeder-- minus the bird feed since Picklechips, our garden tiger, is unfortunately a bird killer. So this bird feeder will be strictly for looks--aren't most pretty things? My Sweetie will pop theses babies on-a-stick today after I paint one and glue the other. I'll post pictures when they are put in their new spots shining in all their glory. By the way, a little side note: I am thinking that when I take pictures for my blog, it's all about presentation. Well, notice my little helper? Now you know my little secrets behind the scenes.

9 comments:

Kim's Treasures said...

Aww man, I need a helper! Cute project ideas!
Have a crafty Monday!
Kim

Carla said...

I love the 'behind the scenes' peek! LOL! I look forward to seeing your finished project-gotta love helpers (be it a sheet holder-or a pole-attacher!)

Tutti Chic said...

great project idea!! thanks for the peek! so nice of you to stop by my blog to say hi-thanks so much!! I'm off to read some more of your adorable blog! :) chris

Rue said...

I need a helper too! ;)

Great projects! I can't wait to see them finished :)

rue

The Old Painted Cottage said...

Fun project ideas!

oxox
Jennifer

Unknown said...

Your little helper is adorable!! Your birdhouse is goiing to be gorgeous!! I cant wait to see it!

Thank you so much for visiting my blog!! I really enjoyed my visit to yours :)

Hugs,
Amy

Kathy said...

Hi Thanks for stopping by my blog. Always nice to see other large family s out there with like interests. The projects look great. Kathy

Theresa @ Take A Sentimental Journey said...

I think those tea cup bird feeders are so cute .Be sure to show us a pic when you get it in place .

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see your finished projects! You have a wonderful family.