Thursday, January 8, 2009

That Darn 'CUTE' Dog!

Guess what happens when you have a cute dog that is still a puppy? Didn't I hear that when they're 2 years old they stop digging and chewing?

Well, I guess we still have another year to go.

When we got our other dog, Cricket, we went through it all--but worst of all was the digging. Digging up our pumpkin patch, digging up flowers, digging under fences and escaping to the beach and the list goes on and on.

And boy, could she jump-- right over the 6 foot walls that surround the yard and she'd still be doing if it it weren't for the TONS of lattice and roses we bought to prevent her escapes.

It always starts this way....I get one of my 'ideas'.

I wanted a black and white doggie. I said that it was for Ethan, of course (you know, he's only 5)! I begged, pleaded and searched till I found a cutie. My hubby said, "No way!" And definitely not for $200.00 and 2 hour drive to get her!

After a bizarre turn of events--no joke-- this one ended up at a rescue that was 2 minutes from my house. AND they wanted to give her to us for FREE!

After I explained how and why I think this was from God (I'm not kidding), my husband could not say No. Now I'm the one saying---NOOOOOOO!!!!! Once again, we have a digger and chewer.

Her name is Stitch.


Since getting her a little bit over a year ago, she has helped us weed out backyard toys by eating them ALL. And with the new flowers I have planted, she wants to eat those too or bury her bones RIGHT where I planted them.

Didn't I BEG and PLEAD for her? My husband loves to laugh about that one.


But he does love me so he built this rickety little fence VERY quickly in the dark to prevent MY dog from injuring my beloved new flowers.


Isn't Stitch just too cute? It's a good thing for her or else..... (I AM ONLY KIDDING! WE ALL LOVE HER...DEARLY!)

Oh, wait a minute...I think I see her crawling under the fence........

_________________

Kelly's Korner
SUYL

16 comments:

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

OH, we are looking for a puppy right now....I know they can be a handful...but so cute..you have to love them!

Julieann said...

Stitch is a cutie patutie!!! I like the fence too!!

Happy Show an tell!!

Julieann

Mrs. Darling said...

I just found your blog over at kellis. I cant tell you how refreshing it is to find all this pink and springtime loveliness in the middle of all the heavy rains and flooding we are getting out here in Oregon. I felt a surge of hope and a feeling that there is a light at the end of the tunnel when your music came on and lo, it was Whistle while you work. What a fun song!

Rechelle ~Walnuthaven Cottage~ said...

OH she is precious and does look like a "stitch". The name just suits her. We rescued a standard poodle a year ago (on the 30th) and we too have been dealing with digging, chewing, finding socks (she loves socks!) all over the house, but she is a love bucket and I also say to my hubbs that God must have sent her to make it easier for me to let go of my old gal when it was time to let her go (sniff*) and also because my froodle poodle was born on my bday! lol!
Love that girl stitch and may you share many happy and laughter filled days.

Pearl said...

~chuckles~

Your puppy is a cutie, for sure... and, having just gotten a lil girl puppy myself, I can relate to this post! Cute fence, too!

Hope your weekend is off to a great start... God bless...

~hugs 'n prayers~

Pearl

Lora @ my blessed life said...

Stitch is a real cutie! I'm a sucker for foundling pets, too.

SmilingSally said...

She looks like a terrier, and if she is, I've got news: she'll always dig.

Carla said...

hee hee-with a name like 'Stitch' what'd you expect? She is cute! I love your fence, might have to reference back to this one:) {wish I could 'escape' to the beach:}

Linda C said...

Cute puppy, good luck with the other year and the chewing and digging:)

Linda C

Betty said...

Stitch is adorable! I think you could forgive that face anything! LOL

Missy Wertz said...

Ok, I need a dog to walk my husband so he will get some exercise... I am going to rethink my plan. LOL. He is a cutie.

Jules said...

Awe...your puppy is cute! I've been "begging" my Hubby for a dog too b/c I grew up with them and it just doesn't quite feel right w/out one around. But we really need to fence in our yard first. Thanks for sharing your cute little darling with us! :o)

Ice Pony Girl said...

what an ADORABLE dog!!!!!!!

Kimberly said...

Stopping by from Kellys. What a cute blog and Stitch is a cutie. Have a great weekend.

jessica said...

aw who would love that sweet little face.

Amiee said...

Well....she IS cute ;) That was sweet of your Hubby to build that "fence" (in the dark!) around your precious flowers. I hope that keeps her out of them! We have chipmunks and moles that like to dig up and eat our flowers, but they don't cause as much damage as a dog would.