Monday, April 13, 2009

Where Were You for Easter?

For the past few weeks, I have remained undecided about what to do and where to go for Easter Sunday. Since my Dad has undergone chemotherapy treatments to combat his cancer, his immune system and its ability to ward off sickness are almost nonexistent. This means that if he gets sick, he could die from it. Therefore , he cannot be around ANY sick people. Unfortunately, my sweeties have been passing around the flu as of late and its been positively wonderful with all the vomiting and you know--'what else' going on, as you might imagine. And even though everyone's cleared up, I wasn't sure if we're all still hosts to the virus/bug whatever. My dad said, "Come down." So we all jumped in the suburban after church and made the hour trip to my parents. I'm glad we went-- Easter dinner with all the fixin's, the egg hunt, and all the family. We had a great time with all the cousins running around the house, older folks conversing in the parlor, and the aroma of baked ham and sweet potatoes filling the air. After the egg hunt, our two year old snuck around and raided everyone's baskets gobbling up as much candy as she could. I thought she was gonna blow up! I wish my parents had been so neglectful when I was a kid!
Here's a few (a lot) pictures from the day...Enjoy!

Early Easter morning


Ready for church
Fun-filled family Easter Day








12 comments:

The Raggedy Girl said...

What sweet photos. I especially love the one of them all dressed up in their Easter frocks!

Have A Marvelous Monday
from Roberta Anne
"The Raggedy Girl"

Heather said...

how precious. i'm so glad you all went down to see your dad and spend Easter with everyone. great photos! and great memories!

~CC Catherine said...

This was probably the best medicine your dad could have! How fun, and the pics are so precious! Happy Belated Easter! ~CC Catherine from "Catherine de th`e Cups"

Old Centennial Farmhouse said...

Your daddy looks so happy! I'm sure it made his day to have everyone there. Loved the pictures!
XOXO
Joni

Anonymous said...

Hi Wendy,
I'm happy you were able to spend the day with your Dad...he really does look good!! It looks like your kids had a great Easter day.

Hugs,
LeAnn:)

Elizabeth and Gary said...

Hi Wendy,

What a great Easter day you had full of many happy memories. I hosted Easter dinner for 31 family members. My home is very small but it never matters as long as we are together.
You have such a lovely family,
Enjoy your day,
Elizabeth

Emma@christmascupboard said...

Happy Easter to you all and my thoughts are with you while your Dad is facing chemotherapy...
Sending you lots of hugs & good wishes x

Carla said...

Praying for your dad, looks like a great celebration was had by all! Happy Easter Season:)

Maryjane-The Beehive Cottage said...

What a wonderful Easter you had! I love the picture of all 6 of your dArLiNg children! You are so bless!

Hugs!
Maryjane

Anonymous said...

at is one darling family you have and Easter sounds just right1

Anonymous said...

OOPS, sorry my key board is requiring me type more firmly or I miss letters!

A Romantic Porch said...

Your family is absolutely beautiful. xo rachel