Friday, September 4, 2009

from time to time

every so often i don't want any responsibilities
every so often i feel discouraged
every so often i encourage someone else
every so often i would love to have a dozen more children
every so often i forget how blessed I am that I married my husband, or that he married me
every so often the world scares me as a Mommy till I remember that my hope is not in this world
every so often i want to live in the south along a river
every so often my children tire me out
every so often i feel like wonder woman
every so often i am so organized, i wonder how i could ever have a chaotic day
every so often i wonder how i can ever get anything done
every so often i walk away from it all and just sit outside and laugh with my children
every so often i want to escape on a date with my husband
every so often i want to gather all my little ones and hold them forever
every so often i like to garden
every so often i think how the garden needs too much work, so i ignore it
every so often i am on fire pioneering our church
every so often i can't balance it all

but one thing that is never 'every so often', is Jesus!


He is the same yesterday, today and forever. I'm thankful for this.

He is always there in times of uncertainty to guide me back.

4 comments:

Tereza said...

so true...I feel like that all the time:) so back and forth...I guess we just can't trust our feelings huh!?

Jessi Nagy said...

hey sweets,
this is so true.
i love your side pics. to fun
have a great weekend.
xoxox,
jessi

Anonymous said...

I so enjoy your blog! I'm also very thankful that Jesus is always the same and faithful. You are such an amazing woman. I know that God will give you everything at the moment you need it, never early or never late!
Hugs,
KAY :)

A Romantic Porch said...

This is so true...hang in there. Just being you is the most important. xo rachel