Tuesday, March 2, 2010

blessed.




Someone very generous in our church was moving and really needed to downsize. And we happened to be the recipients of their extra stuff. I for one am happy being blessed in such a way. This family has given us many things over the past year-- everything from boy's suits with the tags still on them, dress shoes, ties, a brand new washer & dryer {which we ended up giving to my brother and his wife}, a leap frog globe, bikes and tons of home schooling books & supplies. They even gave us a microwave for our church and an extra refrigerator for us to stash our milk which we drink by the gallons. This last time, there were so many school books and beautiful story books that I literally cried. My cup overfloweth. Really.

But I am really struggling with having a large refrigerator on my back porch {currently, we do not have a gargae-- don't ask}. It just isn't me. To me, less is better. Clean and without clutter is calming to me. Don't get me wrong, I'm thankful that my husband won't have to go to the store every other day just to keep are kids supplied with their favorite drink, so I guess this is just an area I need to work on. Trying not to care that there's a fridge on my back porch may be more than I can swallow at the moment. Maybe we'll find some creative way to hide it on the side of the house where I don't have to look at it-- we'll just have to wait and see. However, I know this for sure: It better not be there when the family comes over for Easter. Ha!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

When we were raising our children There was a family next door that had a daughter a couple of years older than ours. They were very wealthy as we were not.....They bought only the best in childrens clothing & 2 times a year the Mom would clean-out the closets & our daughter was the lucky receipient of the most beautiful & hardly worn clothes!! It was so wonderful for us & DD loved it!!
What a treasure for you......
Love,
Marilyn
xxoo

GiGi said...

I have a prayer request/chain going on at my blog for a blogger friend who's little boy is undergoing heart surgery right now... she is updating via her blog... please pray for Zeb and her family <3<3<3

Hattie said...

Wow love the pics of all those books! I love it we people "pay it forward" and give from the heart!

kay said...

Maybe your dh could build a little "cute" storage shed next to the house for the fridge. Kind of on the order of a potting shed. I have sure seen pictures of some cute ones.

The books look like they are in GREAT shape!

*Katy* said...

you need to go to the craft store (or walmart) and get some pink contact paper and stick it on the fridge! at least that way if you have to keep it on your back porch it will be cute :)