Friday, March 11, 2011

3/11: update

tsunami update:



I explained to the kids what a tsunami was in a very calm and non-frightening way. I also explained that we were in an area that has a tsunami warning for today. But I did tell them that the waves wouldn't be large enough to be harmful to us or our home. And this is what happened:

My husband told me that we could all flee to the treehouse located in the avocado tree in our backyard.

Parker told each of his siblings that they should say the sinners prayer 'just in case'.

Ethan walked out of his room fully clothed [socks included] earlier than any other day in his life-- toting all his boxers, a pair of swim trunks, a rashgaurd, his wallet and any extra money he had stashed in his sock drawer. Not to mention his baseball sliding shorts minus the cup.

Sophia asked if we were in a salami warning or a tsunami warning.

Charlie told me he was scared and I took some extra time to assure him.

Pearl was oblivious-- kinda like Snow White when her cruel step mother was after her.

Lincoln was throwing-up in his brother's room from a stomach bug he caught the other day.

And Ruby was dancing to the news I had on the radio.

Jasper-- he just wanted to eat.

Me...I just wanted to get in the shower; In case I had to evacuate, I wanted to be dressed properly.

4 comments:

Hanna said...

HI there! I am your newest follower from the blog hop! lovely blog:) You can find mine at www.bouffeebambini.blogspot.com
Nice meeting you!!!

GiGi said...

ROFL... Love it, SOOOO glad y'all are safe and sound in your little Yellow house!

thechattymommy said...

I think I am liking Parker's the best.
Praying Lincoln feels better.

HannaH said...

Awww, kids keep every life situation interesting. Never a dull moment!

I'm a new fan. I LOVE LOVE LOVE your blog header!!