Saturday, July 23, 2011

power tools.









With Hubby home for the summer, we've (he's) had the opportunity to finish some of our pending projects. Due to my brilliant flashes of creative inspiration, I've also come up with a few new ones as well.

Like building picket fence railing to protect the new plants and flowers along the base of the back stoop. Oh, and the new little gate he built to our vegetable garden. These were bonus projects and I had to do some wheeling and dealing in order to get them approved.

In the meantime, with all of my husband's tools out, the kids have naturally been drawn to find out all their functions and uses. While my husband is perfectly willing to let little kids use power tools, I have had to standby in horror. I know it's a great learning experience and I know that there's no real damage they can do to themselves or anything else for that matter, but still, I find myself watching with baited breath. My husband just says, "Oh, they're alright."

Well so far, he's right... I'll keep praying.

1 comment:

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

Your husband and mine think alike! I have learned to trust him in it. :)

Your hydrangea are looking great!

Deanna