Wednesday, March 21, 2012

still here.



Well thankfully, I am still pregnant because, besides getting the new little baby's clothes out, I haven't done much to get ready for his debut. I have my Target list of necessities and my bag to still pack. And my pre-registration forms to drop off at the hospital.

Monday night, I went and had a manicure and pedicure and almost fell asleep in the spa chair. It was such a treat. I plan on doing this on a routine until baby arrives. Not much else to share except I feel like a bird sitting on an egg waiting for it to hatch.

I am such a planner and not knowing when this little one will send me into labor causes me anxiety so I am practicing patience and peace.

I watched a movie called the 'The Business of Being Born'. It really opened my eyes and caused some new ideas to be planted. And some questions for the midwife. Which I will address with her at today's appointment.

I am now on my weekly check-ups. Baby's heartbeat is really strong. Can't wait to share his name because I am really loving it.

I also ordered the Bradley method books for me and my husband. Hopefully we can do some cramming on natural labor techniques before it's too late.

Even with number nine birth, I am always realizing there is more to learn.

1 comment:

Leanne said...

I watched The Business of Being Born...wow, it was eye opening for me...I think that was 3 or 4 kids ago. Our local hospital has gotten really scary even since I had Lucie, who was Number 7. Glad you're thinking and storing up things in your heart. I loved having my last babies at home!

God is for you and He created your body and He will hold you right in the center of His hand as you labor to bring your new baby into the world!! Let us know when labor starts so we can be in prayer out here!

Take care and may your sleep be sweet until that special day!