Thursday, April 26, 2012

baskets and a hunt.









A couple weeks before baby River was born, I wanted to take care of the Cupcakes' Easter baskets and egg hunt candy.

It was just one of those things I wanted crossed off the "before baby comes" to-do list.

The birth of little River was perfect in its timing since we were able to spend the one night in the hospital and be home with our children on Easter Sunday.

Whenever I have had a baby, I want to leave the hospital as quickly as possible and just be home with my children, hubby and the new baby. I always have withdrawls being away from my kids-- call it separation anxiety. And I want to be in my own house snuggling baby without nurses, technicians and doctors bothering us every 30 minutes.

Anyhow--- my kids were delighted that when we got home from the hospital with their new baby brother, we still had plenty of time for Easter baskets; We did actually postpone our egg hunt until Monday morning. The kids didn't mind and the following morning, we had a wonderful breakfast and had a roaring good time Easter egg hunting.

I'm so thankful that we were all able to celebrate the resurrection of Jesus together as a family, and even better was that River had his first Easter with all 8 of his siblings being loved and snuggled. Thank you, Jesus.













2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the cute Easter pics!

Marla Grace said...

Perfect! We came home on Christmas Eve with our Joseph:)blessings