Friday, May 18, 2012

raising boys.



Before Chris and I got married, or even before we were courting for that matter-- He asked me how many children I wanted to have.

My reply was: 5 boys and 1 girl.

I went on to mention that I dreamt of having tons of boys running around the back yard in Levis and cute flannels.

And then having a little princess to to be our country flower.

Little did I know that those Levis would have holes in them no matter how hard I tried to keep them in 'good' condition and everything they picked up could potentially become a sword in their hands that would send us to the ER a few times.

But all in all, with six boys now, my heart is more than full-- more than I could imagine. And my home is a happy one with forts, adventures and boys who will be best friends for life.

Oh--and a bazillion legos everywhere. Ha!



8 comments:

Kathy said...

And they are such awesome boys! You are doing such a great job raising them to be mighty men for Jesus :)

Kate @ Bliss and That said...

So sweet! Love my 3 boys and their bedroom floor covered in Legos right now. :) Oh, and don't forget the fact of how fiercely boys live their mamas!! <3

Leanne said...

That really is a beautiful picture of your boys. And the lighting is gorgeous!

I really want to link up with your link-up, but my computer is in its death throws, so it just isn't doing what I want it to do!! Man. But your post showing a piece of your heart really deeply touched me, because I've found myself asking those very same questions time and again. This is God's will for my life, thank God!!

Thanks for awesome posts!

Vivian said...

oh what heartbreakers they are...and will be to some lovely ladies someday.
hang on Mom...it will be here before you know it!

Mercy Langille said...

What adorable pictures! Your toddler especially looks so cute and cuddly.

Love the new design. So pretty.

raising4princesses said...

Love this and the sweet picture! Now I need to figure out the secret for having boys!!!! Wink

Anonymous said...

I just read this and answered my first question:) Your boys are too cute in their buttondowns and they look like they just adore that baby girl:) I really enjoy your blog and so glad to be reading it!

Jessie Lynn
Bloom in the Details

Lori said...

Beautiful, little boys clench my heart and make me want to keep them home nad small forever! Lori