Parker, Ethan, Sophia and Charlie (and the neighbor) all went to Bible Boot Camp at their Uncle's church. I stayed home with the 'littles' and my hubby was able to enjoy the experience with them.
The great thing is that I sent my camera along and he captured many great boot camp moments; and with the all the stories from the kid's, I felt like I had been there too.
At dinner, the night they got back, the conversation was filled with non-stop, back to back, over-lapping tales of all that had happened. Everything from:
1. the neighbor throwing up in the car less than one minute from their destination after making it for nearly two hours
2. the drill instructor screaming with spit flying at Parker when he asked for paper towels to clean up the vomit
3. sleeping under the open sky in the high desert-- but being woken up by roosters at 4:30am
4. the extreme obstacle course
5. having their cousins there
6. the push-up contest
7. the mess hall meals
8. the screaming D.I.'s (drill sergeants)
9. being called rebels, maggots, and cupcakes
10. shooting the automatic airsoft rifle
11. shooting real bows and arrows
12. topping it all off with tackling one of the meanest DI's on the water slide
They had so much fun that they're already talking about going next year. And now the neighbor's younger sister says she wants to go as well.