Tuesday, April 30, 2013

our pet butterflies.


I have lost a lot of time, at least from a cyberspace perspective, posting memories my family has been making since my blogging has slowed down to almost non-existence.

It’s not that there hasn’t been anything going on either... I have so many pictures I didn't even know where to begin so I decided to just go back to where I last blogged.

Parker had to do a science project and since we are a gardening family and love the hummingbirds, ladybugs and butterflies, we decided that growing caterpillars would be the best.

Over the course of a few weeks, Parker was supposed to monitor the caterpillar’s development as they progressed through the various stages of metamorphosis to full fledged butterflies.

He'd sit there and stare at them while making his daily journal entries. The funny thing was that it turned into this family affair where everyone got excited and involved-- checking on the progress of our fuzzy little friends everyday.

It was amazing to see how fast they were growing.

Then the day came when Parker had to release them.

It was kind of a bittersweet moment.

The five little butterflies had became like pets to us.

We were almost sad to see them go.

1 comment: