Friday, November 1, 2013

Last night.


 












We used Halloween as a neighborhood outreach.

Invited some friends over.

Set up the tunnel of terror.

Invited parents out to church.

And my kids got to dress up as scary creatures.

The night before we had treats at church and watched ‘A Distant Thunder’.

That's an old school outreach movie from the 60's about the end times.

Kinda reminds me of an Alfred Hitchcok movie.

The kids dressed up and ate cupcakes with roaches (plastic) on top. Yum.

Our personal calendar and church calendar are packed with busy-ness and football playoffs.

Kinda happy about that.

Kinda not.

I'm going to just try and do what I can and not feel guilty when I can’t do everything. That’s when I turn to my hubby for a pep talk.

Thank God for him. One of the best things that ever happened to me. Always my compass.

We had a preacher come through a couple of weeks ago that gave Parker a true word from God.

Even made him shed a tear.

Anyhow, the Pastor said are church was about to give birth-- that we are pregnant and about to give birth (the church, not me) and I later thought, "I hope I can get an epidural with this one."

I am super excited for all that has been happening with our church.

I can’t lie. There have been times when I wanted to quit, didn’t see what God had for us in the future, lost my vision in the crazy thing we call pioneering, and even told Chris that I can’t do it anymore if things don’t change in a year. I’m done.

Even confessed all this to my Pastor (not the hubby).

But God is good.

He is moving here in our city.

It’s all by His doing.

We are just His instruments.

No comments: