Wednesday, July 2, 2014

4th of july vacation.

We are on a family vacation for the 4th of July week at one of our favorite places where there’s a pool and it’s hot. That’s all we require as a family. As it turns out, our room is a corner unit and I’m just loving it. For the first time, I didn’t do any packing ahead, but waited till the morning we were leaving. Thankfully, we do this trip a couple times a year so I’ve kind of got it down-- it’s pretty basic. The most important item is our swimsuits.

On our drive, Chris, Sophia and Pearl had a good time and a few laughs thinking up names for our new little wee one. I won’t even amuse you with some of their suggestions (Well-- like this one: Tumbleweed. In their defense, we were driving through the desert!). But I will say that Chris did come up with a pretty neat boy’s name. I have a favorite girl’s name that I’m going to contend for. Ha!

This morning, we are waiting for our cinnamon rolls, sunscreen and lazy kiddos to put their swimsuits on. I love that we have no set schedule-- we have no place to be at any exact time. Except at 11am, the zoo is bringing some wildlife to our resort to to put on a show. Pretty cool. And yes, I am going to make all the kids watch it even if they say they don’t want to. Why not? Later on, Sophia and Pearl are going to enter a hula hoop contest. Lots of fun ahead this week.

Wow.. I never even blogged about our last trip here for my birthday/Mother’s Day. I’m really behind on the memory keeping {sigh}.





No comments: