Tuesday, November 25, 2014

dance recital 2014.

The biggest highlight of the year for Sophia and Pearl is their dance recital. I thought it might be nice to post some pictures of it before the year is over.

For Sophia, this year was even more exciting since she was chosen to perform a solo during one of her routines and go on stage all by herself in front of several hundred people (so scary-- I could never....) and recite an essay she wrote about being proud to be an American. It was fantastic and she was even highly complimented by a few members of the military. One Marine said it brought tears to his eyes. Wow!

As if that wasn’t enough, during one part of Pearl’s class’ hip-hop routine, the girls formed a circle and each one took their turns jumping in and doing their thing. Of course, my mind quickly jumped to-- Oh my gosh! What’s Pearl going to do? All of a sudden, this little girl cart-wheeled into the center of the circle and started breakdancing on the floor. The entire crowd went nuts. My husband and I looked at each other with our mouths open. I was shocked. Pearl tore it up!

Afterward, we told Soph how great she did, then turned to Pearl and said, “Where in the world did you learn that? We had no idea-- You were awesome!” Pearl just giggled and shrugged.

My girls love their studio and teachers. Sophia hopes to work their one day. It’s her dream job.














2 comments:

Jo said...

Your kids are blessed with so much talent!!

Vivian said...

they are so pretty and are growing up toooo fast!!