Thursday, January 22, 2015

i'd like to be a christmas tree.



The one thing I don’t like about having my phone is that I stopped using my awesome digital camera to take pictures. I know it’s easier just to whip out my phone to snap a shot, because we know that our phones are never more than an arm’s length away from us, but my camera is just so much better. 
But just the other night, I made a promise that I was going to start using my camera again after Sophia asked me to look through our blog. She sat there for quite some time quietly enjoying all the pictures and memories I’ve recorded. Even Chris and I laughed at some of the pictures and couldn’t believe how much the kids have grown even over just the past couple years. 
And then, when I downloaded a couple new pictures, I realized that I hadn’t even posted Christmas yet. And we had a very good Christmas. It was, by far, one of the best. I even had a tremendous amount of fun at church too-- working with my class on their Christmas program songs. I love that age (3-5 years old). 
River was never intended to be in it, but he always seemed to join in the practices and did the movements so well that I just had to include him. Lincoln really wanted to be in it ever since I used donuts to help encourage the kids to practice. Ha! It’s funny because even to this day, Tallulah will start doing the hand movements and sing the songs to make us laugh. 
After the show, though, I was too busy and never remembered to take any pictures. I sent the costumes home with the other kids in my class to have, but my own children’s costumes sat around for a couple weeks being moved back and forth from the kitchen table to my bedroom with the intention of taking pictures of my own children wearing them. 
Finally, Chris got so sick of moving the Christmas tree costumes that he grabbed the kids after church one Sunday and snapped a few shots. Since the kids decorated their own trees, I wanted to have it captured in a picture. 






No comments: