Saturday, February 28, 2015

we love jace.


Jace has been the sweetest little guy a Momma could ever ask for. He was a little bit agitated there for awhile-- until around 10pm his first night, but then, some things just kind of worked their way through his system and he really settled down. 
If he had been my first baby, I probably would be thinking, “Oh, this baby stuff is so easy. I don’t know why everyone makes such a big deal about it.” But I’ve been through this enough to know better: Not every baby is like Jace. 
Right now he’s been feeding and sleeping REALLY well. He even took a nap while he went with Chris and I on a Saturday afternoon date for some BBQ sandwiches. Chris wanted to get me out of the house for some fresh air, but don’t worry-- neither I nor Jace left the car. We went to one of those restaurants on wheels, because I’m way too germ-phobic to be taking my newborn anywhere out in the public for weeks. Like around six. 




Anyway-- Jace has been perfect. I’ve been very tired as can be expected, but God’s been very kind in helping my body bounce back quickly. I’m doing extremely well. And now I need to get to sleep. The night’s feedings will be underway soon enough. 

Tomorrow while Jace and I are at home and Chris and the kids are at church, I plan on downloading the pictures of Jace onto my computer so I can start posting them. 

2 comments:

Polly said...

Yay, so glad he seems to be an easy baby...you have plenty to keep you busy when he sleeps :) Congrats again, on another blessing.

Unknown said...

I'm so happy for you and can't wait to meet the sweet little guy! Show us those pictures!!!!!:):):)