Saturday, April 25, 2015

a perfect date.

This morning, Chris and I took our seven year olds out for a birthday date (they are only 11 1/2 months apart). They both wanted to go out for breakfast. 

Lincoln choose IHOP which I didn’t mind since it’s one of my favorite places to go for breakfast. My Dad use to take my family to IHOP when I was a little girl. I always loved it and have fond memories of those times. 

I wasn’t surprised when they ordered the ‘Funny Face’ pancakes. And since they didn’t know what the different flavored syrups tasted like, we poured each one on a spoon so they could see which was their favorite. 

Chocolate pancakes weren’t enough chocolate because they had to order hot chocolate too. It was just a really nice morning. 

Afterwards, we took a drive to a horse stable only ten minutes away to look into riding lessons for the girls. I looked into this place years ago, but never followed through with it. 

The timing is perfect since Chris seems to have taken a sudden interest contemplating lessons and what it would cost for our family to lease or own one. Not to mention that the owner of the stable has her niece’s large pony who has been lacking in love and largely unridden for a couple years. She just wants someone to love and ride her. 

The kids are excited and Chris and I are in “discussion” about full-leasing the pony. Fingers crossed. Did I ever mention that I love horses and grew up riding, training and owning my own. My dream has always been to have my kids grow up around horses too. 

Perhaps someday...








1 comment:

Unknown said...

What a fun day for those Irish twins!:) I hope you get that pony -I know how much you would love it!!!