Friday, October 13, 2017

tea time.


There’s nothing like a good old-fashioned tradition— and my group loves traditions. 

Things they can count on and enjoy. 

Having tea time is one of them. 

At first it was something I did for them so we could sit down and be a family and if everything went well, I’d read them a story or poem. Sometimes it was a chore just to get it all ready and have them sit for a few moments. 

But then it began to happen… I would be out running an errand or some other thing and I would call the house to check in with everyone only to learn that it was “tea time”. 

I was shocked and greatly pleased that it mattered so much to the kids that they still made it happen. 

A few of the kids have even stepped up, taking on different roles. Sophia has become the tea time treat maker and surprisingly, Lincoln loves making the tea. He claims he makes it the best. 

And Jasper and Ruby actually love setting the table and making it nice. 

Mission accomplished!








1 comment:

The Kettes said...

Glad to see you posting again! Our family loves tea also!