Thursday, June 25, 2009


My hubby was about to throw this out. What was he thinking? It really was my fault though. He found it in our church storage (with a lot of other stuff). He explained to me what it was over the phone and my reply was-- nope, don't want it. Then, the other day I drove over to the church to check on a UPS delivery and I saw this poor old bench sitting in the parking lot. I called him and asked if he would PLEASE bring it home so I could give it some love. My little Sweetie WANTED to work on it and I did the best 'Mommy thing' I could... I let him get to work. Sanding. Primering. Painting. Now the question is....where am I going to put it? Some thoughts-- Back porch under window. Front porch. At the foot of my King bed. Under front room window. A bench for our dinner table. Thinking, thinking, thinking.....

5 comments:

Heather said...

Good save!!! And what a good little refinisher you have!! It would have been a shame for that to go in the trash. I have been looking for something like that for in front of our living room window so I can plaster it with photo frames!!! Oh the possibilities are endless.

Let us know what you decide. Love the black.

Hugs
Heather:)

Carla said...

You kiddo will always remember this project!! You ARE a good mommy:) (that bench looks great too:)

Tami said...

fantastic project for your son!
i vote in front of your bed.
oh i just realized- the cat you have in your header, we have on a shelf in our dd's room :)

Lori said...

Wow beautiful piece! I hope this finds you comfy! What wonderful family pictures you've posted! My favorites were the ice cream sundae ones. And the berry jammies, precious! Take care, Lori

Gary and Elizabeth~ said...

Your parking lot table turned out great! and so special too since your son painted it just for you. (what a sweetie). It really is a neat table with the top opening up, you can store pictures in there. I think it would nice under a window with lots of family pictures on it.
Take care and enjoy your day,
Elizabeth