Tuesday, June 23, 2009

What I was doing last week.






Oops! I purposely neglected to mention (for safety and family reasons)that we would be going away on a spiritually refreshing, fun filled, yearly, family trip to Tuscon Arizona-- I hope you can understand why! Last week's posts were done from my air conditioned hotel room while outside it was a very pleasant 92 - 97 degrees all week. I LOVED IT! BUT, now that we are home again safe and sound, I can tell you that we had a blast. Our mother church hosts a Bible conference which we've been attending for the last decade. You might think that the Cupcakes would hate it, but the exact opposite is true-- they cried when we told them that we had only one day left. They asked about when we were going to return before we even pulled out of the hotel parking lot! What little ones wouldn't love spending a whole week in a hotel, eating out, swimming in the pool with cousins all day (my brother and hubby's brother are Pastors and their families stay at the same hotel too) and attending childrens church dramas nightly? All the while, my hubby and I get revived and refreshed by some fabulous sermons, great musical performances and in culmination of the week, our hearts are stirred watching a dozen or so couples get sent out to pioneer more churches all over the earth. It makes me realize once again how GOOD God is and how blessed I really am!

4 comments:

Heather said...

sounds like a wonderful trip! love the pics of the kids headed to the pool!

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful way to Spiritually "refresh" your family!!
Love,
Marilyn
xxoo

Deanna said...

Dearest, could you help me with a problem? I've been loving the little sentencess follow the comment tag..like yours says, sweet ice cream sugar dipped comments here.....I have tried to figure out from Blogger help on how to do this but I still can't get it to work properly. I'm probably not doing it right and then I'll wind up messing me blog up...lol! Help! :D

Renegades said...

Last week was VBS and the Renegades loved it and I enjoyed helping with it. It seems to refresh oneself to take part in such activities.

Glad you had a nice time!