Friday, July 31, 2009

I felt a post coming on




When I saw my 9 year old sitting all alone on our patio staring intently at the ground. I didn't know exactly what, but I had a sneaking suspicion that something was up. Upon closer inspection, I was shocked to find him barbequeing bugs and igniting paper scraps with a magnifying glass. I promise-- he really is a sweet and well-mannered young man. But every once in a while, the entirely mischievous and occasionally wild Huckleberry Finn comes out of his adventurous mind. So as a warning to all Mommy's: Keep all magnifying glasses indoors! I had no idea what a creative boy might set out to do with a plastic instrument (dangerous item) from one of those young scientist experiment kits from good 'ole Target.

5 comments:

Kelly said...

In all honesty, Wendy, that sounds pretty fun! But then again, I WAS always the tomboy of the bunch ;)

Country Wings in Phoenix said...

Oh Honey, I have been there, both of my boys did that trick, and now surprisingly my oldest sons boys, have done the same thing to him. Paybacks are a _ _ _ _ _ . I think it is just their curious minds. Next time he will be dissecting them with the scissors or one of the plastic picnic knifes. They just never stop. Boys will be BOYS. Try to have a good rest of the day. Country Hugs, Sherry

Jamie H said...

Found your blog on The Blog Frog. Just popping in to say hi and check out your blog :) Poor bugs! Boys will be boys though!...

Anonymous said...

No matter how cute or curious it is very dangerous to play with or manufacture fire!! Boys can be a very inquisitive lot....
Mine was a handful!!
Love,
Marilyn

Laurie said...

it's not just boys...my girls discovered this earlier this summer!