Friday, October 16, 2009


I am the Mommy who gets really excited about my boy's games.

I am the Mommy who blasts music in the car before a game to get my players pumped up.


I am the Mommy who tells my boys to get out there and take no prisoners.

I am the Mommy who starts to yell and give directions to my boys. I am the Mommy who is yelling in exhortation from the sidelines.

I am the Mommy who has no idea about sports, plays and game rules.

I am the Mommy who tells my hubby to 'shhhh' when he gets fired up.

I am the Mommy who tells my husband to run out on the field when one of my boys run the wrong way.

He is the Daddy that thinks they should not be rescued from everything.

I am the Mommy that smiles out of pride when my littlest player is a shrimp on the team and he doesn't care.

I am the Mommy who is proud that her oldest son is so athletic.

I am the Mommy who encourages them when they lose.


I am the Mommy who steals a line from 'Facing the Giants' and tells her boys it doesn't matter if you win or lose as long as you praise God.



6 comments:

Kari said...

thank you for continuing to plant seeds of faith, especially with the mormon crowd, over at mckmama's blogfrog.
I appreciate it more than you know.

kari

Anonymous said...

You both are great parents....
Have a wonderful weekend!!
Love,
Marilyn

Amanda said...

This is wonderful!!! Sounds to me like you are w WONDERFUL mommy!!

Blessings-
Amanda

pinkkandy said...

Happy Pink Saturday....it is a beautiful day but I am stuck inside feeling yucky..so here I sit visiting you !!!!!
God Bless You and keep you this week..
Kandy
I would love to see a close up of your bag

Leslie said...

Happy Pink Saturday a day late! Please stop by my blog-I'm doing a giveaway until Friday, 10/23. Hugs, Leslie

Seawashed said...

Ahhhh...I love this post. We are going to my sons last Frosh football game of the season tonight. If they win, they win the championships! He is the littlest and youngest boy on his team. Because he was homeschooled he never got 'held back' in school. Most of the freshman boys on his team are 15 yrs. old, some 16yrs. So they are much bigger. This means, he doesn't get to play but 5 mins in a game, even though he is really good. But he loves being a part of the team and his coaches are amazing...they pray with them, read to them out of the Bible to encourage them, and teach them integrity...and this is a public H.S. Good luck to your boys...and keep encouraging them the way you do!!!! You're an awesome mommy.