Monday, October 5, 2009

not me.

I did not try and cancel our reservations for a marriage retreat that my husband was to speak at only because I had a difficult day with the cupcakes. I did not tell my sweetie that I really needed Mommy time which is a contradiction to canceling the reservations for a 3 day retreat. Nope, not me.

I did not want to give our youngest dog away for a split second because she chewed a hole in our nice big family pool. Then proceeded to call my hubby at work so that he could calm me down. Nope, not me.

I did not get up every 5 minutes while trying to home-school some children just to put Ruby's pacifier in her mouth each time she spit it out. Then I did not ask the little dumplings to pitch in and rotate binky duty with me. Nope, not me.

I did not ask my sweeties to forgive me, the Mommy, for being grumpy one day, knowing that it's a good opportunity to tell your little ones that even Mommy makes mistakes and needs more of Jesus.

I did not really enjoy myself in Palm Springs with my husband at a marriage retreat and feel totally refreshed. Nope, not me.




(my hubby & my brother at the marriage retreat)








6 comments:

blushing rose said...

Darling write as always ...
Have a lovely week. TTFN ~Marydon

stonebrookcottage said...

too funny! I loved how you decided to heck with the retreat when the cupcakes didn't turn out right..then later had the best most relaxing time. I am so Not jealous that you got to go on this relaxing trip..nope, not me:)

Unknown said...

LOL too funny. Have a great week.

Anonymous said...

Hope you have a wonderful week...
Hugs,
Marilyn

Anonymous said...

Love your Not Me! post. :)

Seawashed said...

Just came across your blog. Wow you are blessed. I have four children all close in age. (4 children under 5yrs. old...14years ago)...I miss those days. It is so much fun to be surrounded by them sweet faces. We really have 6( I miscarried the last two). I homeschooled up until this yr. when my two youngest decided they wanted to try the public school. My youngest has always dreamed of playing football and he is now on the Frosh football team. But he misses homeschooling alot. He misses me, and home, and I miss him. I remain home as fulltime mommie and cottage-keeper. Bless you in your own home with all your cupcakes!!! So cute.