Saturday, July 31, 2010

revival.




We just finished a revival at our church. There is a spiritual momentum moving us forward with the precision of a well-oiled machine.

Things are good.

It is a place where the gospel is not watered down and peoples egos are not stroked just for the sake of growing in attendance. God wants real growth. Our church is a place where we are challenged and individuals find out who they can be in Jesus, not who they were when they walked in the door.

For 4 nights, we had a powerful evangelist who preached sermons that only God could have given him for our particular church. Issues were addressed that were right on target. Words were given to individuals that brought tears to their eyes. It's been real good.

Every morning my children were very excited about going to revival and would ask if we were going to church that night. I like that. And I like being part of a fellowship of churches that desire to see God move and are unafraid to be challenged through the preaching of God's Word.

I know where I belong and I like that too.

Revivals, street preaching, outreach, discipleship, relationships.....things that change us from who we were before to the people God wants us to be.

Who He truly designed us to be.

2 comments:

Mrs. Frogster said...

amen to that! Revival meetings always seem to come when I most need them - when I am getting comfortable in my "Christian rut" and casually avoiding the things I know I need to change.
We just came off a week of VBS and my daughter is crying because she doesn't get to go to church tonight. way better than crying over ice cream or toys! :)

Rachel said...

Amen! Amen! Amen! A revival is one thing I know our church body is in need of, as well as my personal self. So much of the time I feel stuck in a dry pit! It sounds like an amazing couple of days!
God's blessings!