Friday, September 3, 2010

GOOD morning.



When I wake up in the morning, one of the first things I do is open all my mini-blinds.
Letting the sunshine into my home is like inviting happiness in for the day.
I welcome it wholeheartedly.

I make my coffee, read my bible and pray.

As I sit in my front room, victorian rose oil is burning on the bookcase filling my home with the aroma of one of my favorite flowers. What a wonderful way to start a morning.

I love everything about my home. No matter how small it is. I don't need to live in a big house where we all have space to disappear and not be a family.

Opening my front door and finding our sleepy cat resting in her pink bed brings a warmth to my heart. Even she finds comfort in our home.

This is the perfect place for us.

It reflects our personalities and encourages our family. I notice our church is beginning to have that same trait. I guess that would be likely to happen. Our home spilling over into our church.

I would love to live in this house all the days of my life.

I would love for for my husband and I to minister in this small beach community until we are gray and old.

God has been so good to us.

We are happy where we are.

4 comments:

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

Beautiful post, Wendy!

Anonymous said...

What a Sweet post!!
Have a Wonderful Weekend with Your Family!
Love,
Marilyn

Anonymous said...

I love the outlook on loving a smaller home to keep everyone connected.

Unknown said...

Sounds soooo nice and peaceful. Those are my favorite things to do too. I have always opened up all my shades in the morning to let the sunshine in and then sit to do my devotions. Then when it's time to clean I turn on my favorite praise songs. What a great thing to hand down to your kids. They will always remember how you started your mornings.....my kids do. Nice post, it put a smile on my face.

Anne @ http://lessonsthrulife.com