Friday, November 25, 2011

what-- no leftovers?



A couple of Indians forgot to wear their Thanksgiving dinner shirts. Unfortunately none of us parents caught it till after the formal dinner picture was taken since they were at the far end of the table. We also realized that we should've brought along the tripod stand so that my SIL Tesha could be in the picture too not just relegated to the job of official team photographer. Next year.

Everyone put on their best faces and held their chins up until the end of dinner when we went 'round the table giving everyone a chance to say what they were thankful for. This was when it became difficult to overlook my Dad not being with us. But in spite of this, I felt like it was one of my best Thanksgivings.

Initially we (my family) were going to stay home and my mom, brother and his family were going to head up to the mountains, but for the sake of being together for this great tradition, they decided to stay in town.

We ate fairly early so there was plenty of time to sit around talking, laughing and sharing stories over homemade pumpkin pie, Martinelli's and the bustle of 13 kids. I know this may sound like sacrilege to some, but we didn't even turn the tv on-- not even for football! And no one passed out on the couch either...

The kids did watch one Disney movie in my mom's play room, but for much of the time, all the male children were engaged in "Boy's Club" business. They were giving speeches, collecting dues and voting. Perhaps some will be future statesmen? We'll see.

The only downside of an otherwise wonderful day would be the fact that today we are now at home and all the leftovers are at my Mom's. We kind of overlooked taking home a few doggy bags...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

what a great looking crowd :)

Melody said...

Hi there, I've been following your blog for a while, always love your posts. noticed you follow mine. I was looking for a email address but couldn't find one. I am having a give away on my blog and was hoping you could share it yours if that won't be to much. Here is the link if you are interested.
http://joyfulmelody.blogspot.com/2011/11/giveaway-announcement-yayare-you.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+SimplyAJoyfulMelody+%28Simply+a+Joyful+Melody%29