Tuesday, February 14, 2012

hey valentine.



I had a really great time this past weekend at our annual married's retreat. Even though hubby and I didn't necessarily 'get away', I always enjoy spending time with him. We did sneak off to a late ten thirty dinner date which was really nice. We stayed out till after midnight which is something I haven't done in a long time and I was sooo tired afterward. I didn't get to sleep until 2am. What was I thinking?

Yesterday we did a little Target shopping and made some bedroom sleeping changes which may be temporary, or may be permanent...we'll see. We took Lincoln out of the girl's room and put him into a top bunk in the boy's room which made him think he had now graduated to big boy rank. I don't know if this is gonna work since he still takes daily afternoon naps...

But that got me started in purging the attic. I know neither has anything to do with the other, but when you're pregnant, making sudden changes and purging is just part of nesting. By the end of the day, I had 7 trash bags filled with clothes that are destined for the thrift store.

Today while the kids are doing school, I want to sneak into the attic and see what else I can get rid of. I used to not be like this, but now I really love getting rid of things. You could say that I have developed a real penchant for cleaning out areas that are loaded with wasteful or unused things.

When I woke up, my hubby surprised me with a beautiful letter that was very romantic and made me smile. I sure do love him. I think after ten years we finally really know each other (most of the time, that is). We plan on going out for an early Sushi dinner (minus the raw fish) tonight.

Last week we bought all the kids Valentine's candy, but I was a wimp and gave it to them early. Half of them already devoured it. I don't think they appreciated it any less...Ha!

Tomorrow, I have another mid wife appointment. I'm getting close. Eight more weeks to go....


1 comment:

Marla Grace said...

I agree with the purging of stuff! Been doing the same here!! Got rid of everything in my basement! Now been working from room to room! Wow 8 weeks left! That went fast! I am in my 9th week !!! Blessings, Marla