Friday, February 24, 2012

mama caught a cold.



In case you were wondering, I now have a stinking cold.

It's kind of easy to get one when you are wiping noses all day. Because around here, some of the kids went from a flu to a cough that mutated into a cold.

I love being pregnant and and having a stuffy nose. Makes sleeping at night even better. But who's complaining?

Right now I'm looking at April as my calendar milestone. I can't seem to see past the first week when this little baby of mine is due.

On top of everything else, I've started to over-think the whole delivery thing causing a doublemindedness and confusion about getting the epidural vs. a natural delivery. It's ridiculous because I know that what I really fear is the pain involved-- which is only my flesh.

I also know that when I am weak, then God is truly made strong. With Him I can have a super-natural child birth, yet I am allowing this constant struggle to take place in my head.

Thankfully, I have a man who I can come to with my indecisiveness and he brings me back to the place I was where I knew what God had placed on my heart. A leader that is spiritual and rational. Always grounded. He helps me get back to the place where I was in my faith and decision before I got lost in my 'what if's'.

Sometimes we need husbands like that to help us stay on the path.

2 comments:

Kim said...

You are a blessed woman! Love the photo too, it cracked me up.

Chelsea said...

Kuddos for going natural girl! I have had two epidural deliveries and one with no meds...and for any future deliveries I will choose medicine :) But I always say God let me go au natural the one time so I would appreciate my grandma that much more. Definitely puts things in perspective!