Thursday, May 31, 2012

give a little piece of your heart {link up}.



I am not a people pleasing person anymore.

I am not going to say 'yes' because it will make someone else happy.

It has been a long journey to get to this place, but I made it.

My children are my responsibility not someone elses.

If my children are asked to do, go or try something and I do not feel it is appropriate or my gut says no then I will say no. What I choose for my family is not what someone else may have convictions about and that's okay.

My children are twelve and under and I want to keep what goes into their minds age appropriate. I don't need to expose them or give them a taste of what others feel they should have a taste of.

I am the parent and I am the one who will sift through the things that will be forever placed in their minds until they are old enough and strong enough in Christ to do it themselves.

I am accountable to God for my children not the person who wants to pick them up and take them for the weekend.

I honestly feel God puts things on a mom's heart so that she can best direct them in the things of God and the things not of God. I do not care if I offend someone, because I am doing what God wants me to do as a mom.



Within the typical day or week so much occurs that is insignificant,
only lasts for a moment or is thankfully forgettable.

Ugly, dull, irritating, tedious moments surround us,
yet nestled somewhere in the midst of them,
Heaven speaks to us and brightens our day.

"Give a little piece of your heart" is a
link up for you to share one of those moments:

An epiphany arrived in the darkest hour,
an inspiration guiding you in God's purpose,
a ray of sunshine that touches your heart
as you look across a garden,
or a peaceful moment in the quiet of the early morning
with a little one nestled in your lap and a hot cup of coffee in your hand.

It really could be anything-- it just has to be significant.

This is what {giving a little piece of your heart} is.

Share a thought, a picture, a story
giving us all a glimpse into your heart.

To make it easy for visitors, please link to your specific post

&

remember to grab the button on my sidebar


5 comments:

Deborah said...

Hi

I don't usually comment but I read your blog all the time.

I watched a program recently on TBN and the speaker was saying that we, the parents are the bow which directs the arrows (children) in the quiver. The arrows can't go anywhere but where the bow directs them and we as parents play a huge roll in the direction our children will eventually take.

I totally agree with your post and I need to get a little better at doing this myself.

Kathy said...

I agree with you! You're doing such a great job as a wise and godly mommy to your children :)

Leanne said...

Amen. Keep being diligent. Keep this frame of mind!

Ashleigh said...

This is so well written and I can't agree with you more. I love reading your posts. I am always inspired. :)

Marla Grace said...

I agree!! Amen!!