Tuesday, November 5, 2013

First Year Football.






Well-- our pop warner football season is officially over.

In a couple hours we will be turning in our equipment. I sure did love our first year in tackle football. Sometimes it was difficult-- especially when we had 3 games in a row or games in different cities. But we were really blessed with the way the schedules played out; Both Chris and I were able to see nearly everyone’s games-- only occasionally did we have to split up.

One of the best things about it was that all 3 boys had practice at the same times and same place. And their practices and home games were less than 5 minutes from our house. This meant that we weren’t driving around like maniacs for three months.

Now, I can honestly say that I had some reservations about them playing and I even told Chris a few times that they shouldn’t be, but now that it’s over, I’m so glad they played. There’s a few things that I wish were different, but it was really fun to watch them play.

And it didn’t matter that their teams didn’t do so great-- Ethan only won 1 game and Charlie didn’t win any! The boys learned so much, and not the least being how to be a Christian on a team of mostly non-church kids.

They made friends easily and I even felt the comradery that was established. I mean, we were like family... well, almost. Anyway, I’m actually sad that it’s over. And I can’t wait until next year-- Go Panthers!!!

1 comment:

Chelsea said...

So funny to see Carolina Panthers out in CA! (I'm from NC) Glad the season went well. Love your blog, girl.