Monday, December 1, 2014

nesting & coffee.

On Saturday afternoon I decided to have a nice warm cup of coffee kind of late in the day. I had good intentions-- sitting outside watching Chris mix and pour cement for my new walkway, keeping him company. When I finally went inside because it was getting late and cold, I decided to have the kids get their church clothes out for Sunday morning.

This habit has taken some time to become an established part of our weekend routine, but it’s been a great blessing helping all twelve of us get out of the house for church by 9am.  I wanted to see what kind of ‘Christmas-looking’ clothes my girls had to wear this month, but one thing led to another and I ended up cleaning out clothes from four different kid’s drawers and closet spaces. Shoes included.

Later, I realized that somewhere along the way, the combination of my cup of hot coffee and my nesting instincts had taken over and I had completely revamped the girls room. This led to Pearl inheriting a lot of clothes that have barely been worn and finding out that Sophia needs nearly an entire new wardrobe. So of course, since I am one to enjoy getting things done and out of the way, Sophia and I spent some time taking advantage of pre-cyber Monday deals on some cute new clothes for her.

And since I organized the girls things, this only meant that today I would take on the boy’s stuff. But this time-- without the cup of coffee. I even made my husband go and admire my work. Ha! And to think... I still have twelve more weeks of nesting and pregnancy left.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the feeling of accomplishment during pregnancy. :) So much more gets done. It is wonderful!!!

Vivian said...

I love your post!