Saturday, January 31, 2015

deeper.


I did it... 
While saying ‘hi’ to the head football coach at one of Parker’s basketball games, I told him how I really want to help out as a parent. 
He started talking about all the parents working shifts at the snack bar and such and I was like-- “Oh no, I mean, office stuff, planning, organizing, ordering, all that kind of stuff.” His eyes lit up and he said, “Oh!” Waved his finger and said that we’d have to get together and talk. 
I began reciting my resume as a Pastor’s Wife and all the things I do in regards to the church and helping my husband on the office side. As I was doing this, I looked over at Chris who has become increasingly impressed over the years with my God given gifts in this area and wondered why he wasn’t saying anything to pump up my valuable assets to the coach. Ha! 
After we walked away I asked him rather pointedly why he didn’t say anything. He responded that all he could think of is ‘what is she getting herself into?’ and that he wasn’t going to help me take on yet another responsibility. He knows me well. Like I don’t have enough on my plate already. 
But hey, with soon to be seven boys, I figured that since Parker is now on the team, I will have a son on the team every year until my last boy graduates high school. And unless I’m willing to contribute, I can’t complain about holes in the program. We’ll see... 


No comments: