Thursday, April 30, 2015

the man in the wheelchair.


Yesterday while driving to pick Parker up from school, I got a glimpse of a grown man in a lifeless state with his head hanging down, sitting in a wheelchair being lifted into a bus. 
It touched my heart and just made me think how we (even as Christians) choose to pick things apart and not see the blessings in things or others. We become so fixated on what’s wrong that we lose sight of so much that’s right. 
We don’t even realize how we should have compassion and grateful hearts for one another. Why do we choose to tear down instead of build up? 
With the man in the wheelchair at the back of my mind, I began to wonder-- instead of getting all worked up and bent out of shape when things don’t go our way-- shouldn’t we ask ourselves, “Is it really that bad?” 
This is an issue of the heart. Thank God, Jesus died to give us new ones.
Pictures by:Ethan




No comments: