Friday, November 20, 2015

soldiers.








With as many kids as I have, going anywhere feels like a field trip, except it’s not. It’s just us doing something together as a family. And we like doing things together. 

I’ve said this before, but we live by a military base and have had many soldiers, young and old, come to be part of our church family. My kids love anyone in the military. It doesn’t take much to get one of my kiddos to see the military guys as their heros. 

Unfortunately, the younger ones don’t understand the different branches of the military, so to them, everyone in a uniform is in the army. I used to try to explain it to them, but now I just appreciate that they realize how special the men and women who serve our country are. 

We’ve now visited the local military museum twice and to our delight, the admission is free. The kids love it and each time we’ve gone, they’ve either changed their displays and/or added activities which makes the kids enjoy it even more. 

Another cool part about living near the base is that every morning we can hear the vibrant call of reveille and each evening, the melancholy notes of taps. 



































2 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks like an awesome museum!!!

Unknown said...

Hope you guys have a great week off! I Know I am looking forward to a cleaning spree if I can just find the energy!:)