Saturday, June 4, 2016

a full day.



I must be crazy because I’m trying to talk Chris into this really cute bright orange kitten at the local shelter. He’s really cute. And he’s really tiny. Today, early in the morning, I was outside tending to the backyard garden and all my little animal creatures. 

Last night was a difficult night for me and Chris. My four littlest have had fevers and Jace did not do too well. He was pretty miserable and slept between Chris and I all night tossing, turning and sometimes crying. Poor little guy. He basically only wants his Mommy and I am waiting with open arms for my cute little guy. I love him to bits. 

This morning Chris and I had, sort of, a date to my puppy’s (Scout) first obedience class. She’s going to be trained using the clicker method which we were somewhat reluctant about initially. But by the time we left, we were sold on it being a great strategy for training your dog. 

The rest of the day was spent outside doing lots of different things. The girls had their photo day at the dance studio. This is a huge deal for them. The girls count down the days to photo day and then at the end of this month the big recital. 

And to close out the day, Chris had the privilege of marrying a couple who live across the street from us. Very friendly family. Their son actually plays football on one of Parker’s rival teams and we all have fun with it. 

I’ve been a little nervous for most of the day since I haven’t felt any baby movements. But I’m always worried about that. I think that since she has so much fluid (Hydrops), I don’t really feel movements like my other pregnancies. 

I want to thank everyone for their kind words on this blog. I’ve actually cried because they have been filled with love, compassion and a few of your own deeply touching personal experiences which you’ve shared. Thank you. 

I have an appointment on Tuesday for a heartbeat check and an appointment with the Perinatal Doctor on Thursday. I’m not sure what I am expecting to hear, but no matter what it is, I know God is still good. And without Him I have no idea how I would ever walk this journey. He is the One who created this baby and He is the One knitting her together. He knows her and every detail. Even the smallest. I have to trust in Him no matter the outcome. 





3 comments:

Jo said...

If I didn't live half a world away I'd be on your doorstep with cake and soup (enough for 13, of course). He already knows what's going to happen so all we can do is trust He's with us along the way. Hope your girls had fun - mine's only 1 but I already have visions of future tutus in my head!!! :-)

Vivian said...

thank you Wendy for letting us into your life. thank you for allowing us to pray for you and lift you all up to our amazing God. prayers are so important to our Father, He knows our hearts and the desire for Sunday.
love of hugs coming to you xxxxx

Max said...

Hi, I don't know you and I've never even commented on your blog before, but I've been following your family for at least four years now. I am a daddy to four children of my own and I believe that the dedication and love you show for your family is to be maveled at. Your family is truly blessed by God. I am saddened to hear the recent news about baby Sunday and I wish there was something I could do for you to ease the pain. I just hope you can take solace in the knowledge that God is merciful and you have a whole community of people on here that are rooting for you and your family every step of the way. Although, being Jewish, I recognize that my beliefs differ considerably from yours, I have been praying for you every single day since I heard the news. This past Saturday I informed my Rabbi of your news and he led our congregation in prayer for you and your family. Please know that our hearts are with you always and we will always be here for you should you need anything.