Monday, September 20, 2010

little by little



As a Pastors wife, I have learned many things in the past 7 1/2 years and I am still learning. I'm learning everyone's walk (with Christ) will look different. As my husband likes to say... not all popcorn pops at the same time. I'm learning that each person has different struggles, but usually all the wounds are remarkably similar. I'm learning that each individual really wants to have friends, but often they're too shy to seek them and would much rather be sought. I'm learning that God can change the most un-hopeful (pessimistic) person into the child of God He intended them to be. I am learning to give myself grace when I am not perfect. I am learning that I will never meet every single person's expectations. I am learning that my reward is with Him. I am learning that my children are living examples of what God is doing in my life and theirs. I'm learning to make deposits into their lives without pressure. I am learning that I will not compromise on things I know to be right and true. I am learning that I much rather be too modest and too strict than risk my children's innocence by extending their boundaries. I'm learning to let God change and transform me more. I am learning that God wants me to not be able, so that He can work through me. I am learning to forgive those who come against all the good God is doing in our church. I am learning that some people think they serve Jesus by only serving themselves. I am learning that there will always be people who compromise. I am learning that in many cases only prayer is how I can help. I am learning to keep my eyes only on Jesus when I tend to be distracted. I am learning to be a better example in my home. I am learning to be more like my children. I am learning to show my husband how much I love him everyday. I am learning to not be who I want to be, but who God wants me to be. Some things may be hard, but He truly has and is changing me. Sometimes I see it in big ways; some things I can see only when I look back. No matter what-- He is the only way.



"I'm linking up with Christine over at Grace Covers Me today as she releases her book, The Church Planting Wife: Help and Hope for Her Heart, and collects heart stories from church planting and ministry wives. Join us?"

9 comments:

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

This is the walk of Faith...step by step, growing and learning!

Terrific post, Wendy!

Marla Grace said...

Wow,you are so much like myself.Everything you said I have been thinking,and feeling!So nice to find Kindred Spirits.Hope we can be friends.Please stop by.
www.homeschoolinglargefamily.com

Anonymous said...

Wendy I just wanted you to know what a blessing you are to me. I love your heart for your God, husband, children and your church. You have your priorities in order. God Bless You as you bless others.

KAY from OR

SONDRA PRICE said...

WOW, wow, wow! I SO needed this today!

AMAZING!

You've got a new follower. :)

Jennifer said...

I'm a new follower! Loved this post. =)

Stacy @ Cardigans and Crayons said...

Love this post! Love your precious family!

Found you through the KK link up. Can't wait to read more!!

Laura @ BeholdingGlory.com said...

Nice to meet you. Over from kellys korner. I totally understand the always learning. It always amazes me what a big deal modeling is.

Christine Hoover said...

Thank you for sharing your story with us!

Shelley said...

So much food for thought in this post! And such wisdom! Thank you!