Wednesday, September 8, 2010

new.



I love window coverings.
With the new soft pink paint glistening ever so subtly in our living room, I decided [with my husband's approval of course!] to buy new curtains for the windows. We needed something new and pretty to keep the sweetness circulating inside our home.

I knew the Simply Shabby line of window coverings was what I needed. But how could I tell which one was the perfect one just by an internet picture? My solution: I bought two different looks and waited till the mail lady arrived with my packages.

Have I ever told you how much I love getting mail and packages? I get so giddy receiving the mail. It goes back to my childhood.

Well... I put one up on one side and the other pattern up on the other. After a couple of hours I began asking the kids which one they liked better. I had an even vote. Ruby didn't vote. Then my husband walked in from work and I solicited his opinion because it could change everything and I do value what he says. I think I've decided, but now with the new curtains I need new lampshades too. Ugh!

4 comments:

Marla Grace said...

Love the curtains!Absolutely beautiful!blessings,Marla

Tammy @ A Walk in the Countryside said...

Beautiful curtains!

SILLy stories!! said...

I love the shabby chic fabric on your curtains! SO homey!!

Mandy's Notebook said...

They are pretty, I seen on pinterest and on other blogs that you can spray paint you lamp shades. Just an Idea!