Wednesday, January 5, 2011

only me.







Do you ever have one of those days when a crazy gray hair pops out of the top of your head after you had the hardest day in history with the kids?

Have you ever cleaned your mini-blinds only to find dust all over them the next day?

Have you ever scrubbed and waxed your floors then have a child spill milk-- a lot of milk that night?

Have you ever felt like you have changed about 2 dozen dirty diapers in one day and had them piled on the front porch in a bag to prove it?

Has your bathroom only stayed clean for about 12 hours after you insanely cleaned it?

Do your children ever mistake your bathrobe for a hand towel leaving dirty hand-prints on it because some cupcakes are still learning the art of washing one's own hands?

Do you ever have one of those days that makes you want to put your kids all back in public school because nothing has gone right and you feel you just can't do it anymore?

Does your husband ever remind you what a great job you are doing teaching your children?

Do you ever want to just get out of the house by yourself, but when you have the opportunity you
opt to take one of the kiddos with you?

Do you ever find that it's a lot less challenging just staying in your pajamas till 2pm?

Do you ever find that running errands means that you or your husband sit in the van with the kids while the other runs in and out of stores making the necessary returns and purchases?

Do you ever find that you expect too much from your kids and then you end up spilling the milk?

Has your husband ever told you that this month's budget is tight, but you take the liberty to ask for those new cowboy boots?

Oh good, I'm so glad I'm not the only one.

9 comments:

April said...

Oh no, your not the only one. I can relate to most every single thing you mentioned. Glad to know that I am not the only one. :)

BTW...little Jasper is just as cute as can be!! Congrats!

Ali Workentin said...

I can so identify with you except for the homeschooling part though I have many friends who do.

I enjoy your blog. Wishing you a great day!

Kim said...

I think everything you listed happened to me this week! EEK! you are not the only one!! Praying for you :0)

Rachel and Family said...

Yes, Yes, Yes...

Great post. Glad I'm not the only one ;)

Unknown said...

I am so glad that you wrote this! I am having one of those days today! I think we all do if we will just admit it!

Leanne said...

Do NOT let the enemy tell you that you're the only one!

You're not.

I could identify with almost every single point you posted.

Hang in there.

kay said...

I'm so glad your human too! You are such a great wife, mom. teacher....
We ALL have those days! :)
Hugs

Marla Grace said...

I can say yes to all!Thanks for posting! Just had baby number six.Think of you often!

Joy Comes in the Morning said...

I just found you blog and all I can say is, thanks. I just spent the last few minutes crying because today seemed like one of those days. I felt like a failure as a wife, mother, teacher, everything. And then I feel guilty for allowing myself to feel overwhelmed. So thanks again for being so real. I really needed this.