Monday, September 19, 2011

california fall.



I think I have a hard time with Fall and Winter, because I live in Southern California and I don't get to experience the colors that draw so many in during this time of year. ( I'm sure you're beginning to feel really bad for me now...)

There's no beautiful transition that one can look forward to-- only an increase in dreary weather. There's a lot of coastal fog. Not smog, but a marine layer.

I long for the smells of Fall & Winter, but around here I usually have to buy those smells in some type of oil plug-in to capture them in my home.

Don't misunderstand me, I love living where I do. God has indeed blessed me, but I do admire the beautiful colors of Fall that I see on other blogs. And like I've mentioned so many other times, my deep desire would to live on a farm surrounded by trees and streams.

So while many are experiencing the brilliant changes of season, over here, I'll usher in the autumn months with decorations and oil glade plug-ins.

4 comments:

thechattymommy said...

Love the tree fort.
And I know you know, but I would trade my winter for never seeing the fall leaves again in a heartbeat!

Kelly said...

You should drop hints to your wonderful hubby, that you want a Macintosh Yankee Candle ;)

I usually have one during the fall, since we don't have New England autumn down here in Dixie, either. But that candle (and others like it) can bring me home pretty quick!

Intentional Living Homestead said...

Great tree fort...and those plug-ins give me a migraine...as do ALL scented candles...really sad because most of them smell really nice.

So I guess I am thankful we do have the seasons to enjoy...and the smell is definitely in the air.

Blessings,
Connie

Nikki said...

You write so well.:)It is fun to try and imagine what it must be like to live where the fall is not ushered in with color.:)We are so excited about your coming little one.:)Our littlest was born a tad early and we are loving having her here.:0