Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Day 1.




We started school last Friday.

The schedule I put together has been working pretty good.



Home schooling is not an easy job and any Mommy that feels called to homeschool is an amazing woman; It's not a job for the faint of heart.

Yet the homeschooling Mommy knows that when we do reach the breaking point, God is so good to be there to help us keep our chins up and persevere.

With the addition of another student (Pearl entering kindergarten), I had to make some seating changes.

Parker and Ethan kept their individual desks, but I ended up buying 2 four foot folding tables that are height adjustable. They're working out great.



They're like conference tables for Sophia, Charlie and Pearl-- and I can sit down and work with them.

We got a digital stop-watch and I'm still waiting for some shelve dividers to arrive so I can organize everyone's books a little better, but for the most part, our school year has taken off pretty well-- with only one little hitch.

Well, make that one BIG hitch whose name is Master Jasper.

Our almost two year old has turned into a complete madman.

He just has SO much fearless energy.

He's everywhere, all at once, all the time.

Hopefully, we'll figure out some great activities to keep him busy... Any ideas out there?

Help anyone?


1 comment:

Judith said...

What a sweet post!! I used to have two of those tables. I used to have 7 doing school. Now only one.

We kept toddlers busy with blocks, an wooden puzzles, anything that they would think was 'school' because they all love to be included. If not included enough they will wreck a little more havok!! What works for one, doesn't work for another. I did my best NOT to use videos because whoever was two or three came to expect it and would throw a fit if it wasn't granted. I always liked them to play and learn without much influence from videos.

I dropped over from 'Our Simple Life' as I linked up just after you. You have a nice blog. Blessings.